Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Google Drive


Finally, Google Drive is out there in market for use and  I got it configured for myself. Currently it gives 5GB of free space. 

Note! As of now Google Drive client is not available for GNU/Linux.  After setting up all this in Mac, I gave it a try in Ubuntu also. When I login to Google Drive web application, there is no option to download client, as it's now available yet :) 

Here we go, setting up Google Drive and client in Mac.

Read more about Google Drive on their official blog.

Get started with Google Drive at drive.google.com/start
Download the Google Drive (In my case it's for Mac)
I got the .DMG file
Double click .DMG file. You will see "Install Google Drive" icon
Double click
To install it, drag Google Drive.app to Applications
Verify Google Drive in applications and click it to launch
Might get this message, allow forever
Enter userid password

You will see this icon, on click below menu pops

Sign in with your google email id / password


Click Next

Start sync

You will see this message

Google Drive is created and synched

After logging in menus does change.

5 comments:

  1. Need to see how it works on Windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done with Google Drive on Windows too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an nice review man ....
    can I get its .DMG file...
    can u upload it on sum file sharin site
    or else mail me at ashutosh.vicky3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ashutosh You can directly download it from Google website, and here is the link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive.

      Let me know if you still didn't get it.

      Delete